Tradewinds

See that you love one another with a pure heart fervently.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: Pilgrims History

Milan Gschweng
Site Owner

Everybody, please read our history in second tab above "About Us". I need input. Corrections / additions will be considered, revised and updated.

March 25, 2009 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Randy Hill

Milan:  I was there from the day that Brent Brody first arrived on the Island.  I saw the founding of this fellowship and was there at both junctures where the fellowship split.  I read your history.  It is way too simplistic and only from Ken Smith's vantage point.  It is very sweet but hardly real.

March 23, 2011 at 4:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Milan Gschweng
Site Owner

Randy, as you can see, you’re the only one, so far, that has posted some reply to my invitation to “ correct or add to our history”. Do you feel the annointing to do so? I will be happy to “make it more real” as you put it. Well, I’m happy already, that you care.

--

Milan Gschweng

March 28, 2011 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue & Ken Smith

Aloha Randy,  Not sure what I wrote about the history at this point in time.  What would you like to know?  And, of course, everyone remembers from their own perspective.  The Beginning of the vision for the Pilgrims begain in December of 1969 when Mokuikaua Church ask me to come to Hawaii and help with the hiippie invasion.  I shared this call with Brent and he also felt to come.  He was saved  in 12/70 at Lighthouse Ranch and came to Kona in 1/71 as the vangard from Lighthouse Ranch and was here 6 weeks before I landed in 2/10/71.  He had taught what he had learned at Lighthouse Ranch in those 6 weeks after being saved and wnen I arrived he asks me to take the leadership and I begain teaching were he left off down at Kahalu'u Beach Park.  We worked really good together until 1975 when the Shepherding Movement came into the ministry from Santa Rosa and YWAM.  I was never comfortable with the Shepherding Movement and especially "personal prophesy."  At that time just about all of the leaders in the Pilgrims left and went to Santa Rosa with Dennis Peacock and the Pilgrim ministry started all over again at the P.I.    So here are some of the bones to work with up to 1975 - 1979 when the Pilgrims moved to the Tradewinds.. (Big Mistake).  Need more, just ask...   Actually,  I look back and am thankful for the Love and faith that I enjoyed with the Pilgrims and the measure of the Kingdom that the Holy Spirit allowed us to explore.  I deeply miss it,  would like to try to make it work, one more time.  Acts 5:16, Eph.4:1-16 and John 17.    Much love in Jesus,   Ken <><

--

Yours, in His great love and wonderful mercy,   Ken <><

April 4, 2011 at 5:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sharyn Olson

Milan, that is actually a good synopsis of the history of the Fellowship of Christian Pilgrims, as I remember it.  Being one of the "members" who left in 75', I was a little disapointed that this site was named "Tradewinds" because I never participated in that part.  I came to Hawaii in 71 or 72, as the Manna Trading Co. was being restored.  I was saved in a church near Wrightsville Beach, NC but backslid, went to California and a year later to Kona.  I picked up a "Pilgrim" hitchiking with a giant Bible and pretty much said, "Take me to your leader".  Ken Smith was on the mainland, so he took me to the Manna Trading Co. and I immediately moved in for several months before going to a house in Kailua. After that, I married Michael Olson and lived at the Branch, Pilgrim's Inn, with the Mayfields and at the Ku house. Since the Pilgrim experience is a big part of my testimony and history, I wonder if you or Ken remember how many members, houses, and ministries we had before the "split".  Was there some kind of census or church membership roll?  It occasionally comes up when I give my testimony.  Thanks to anyone who may have that information.

--

Sharyn Olson

May 24, 2011 at 6:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ken

Aloha Sharyn,  FCP never tried to keep a membership.  May have been 25 or more house church ministries working together including Hilo, Maui, Oahu and Kauai.  Some really strong in the Holy Spirit and some not.  From 1970 - 1975 there was probably a couple of hundred souls that were drawn to the light of the Holy Spirit and more,  it was a really hot fire that we enjoyed.  Between 75-79 the ministry became even bigger if I remember correctly.    I made a big mistake in buying the TradeWinds,  not that the Lord did not use it.  But we started to be "up-town" and began to fizzle with all of the extra physical load to keep that turkey alive.  I totally burned out trying to keep that thing going.  The buildings were falling apart with termites.  Everything seem to implode spiritually after that.  Should have stayed at the P.I. but we all felt it was a step up except for Sabastian Denzler.  There was still an equity in the property of nearly a million in 1980 when it sold,  money that went missing.  Like I said,  like to try one more time to help build an Acts 5:16 church but things are a lot different today and I am a whole lot older.  So it would take a new wine skin and a bunch of new wine.to do the same things today.  Unity in God's Loving Truth that bring Holiness and Accountability and the "REST" of the LORD is very rare today.   Much love in Jesus,   Ken <><

June 5, 2012 at 3:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

David Smith

The saga of human mistakes killed the Pilgrims.  Greed and power caused it to fold in upon itself.  However, there was a precious ministry - really the work of the Holy Spirit in power in Revival in the healing of body, soul and spirit that was miraculas.  I had a dream this is to happen again with the older elder members of the Pilgrims.  Not as a 501c3 Corporation Sole but as a coop of believers who come together to teach others in the ways of revival.  Revival will come again.  Go see the dream I had posted in the general discussion area.  Blessings,  David Smith

--

February 21, 2016 at 2:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brent Strine

I remember the Hilo house when some kid fell off a small cliff in front (Hilo bay) of the house (used to be Richie Henderson's Dad's house...) Anyway, the kid died (I think found by David Smith) and they brought him in the house to try to "raise him" from the dead. Well, it was worth a try! I "converted" back to faith in 1974 and the only "real" miracles I ever saw was at that time in the Pilgrems but then again, it could have been left over acid in my system! My faith in Christ is still strong I am more Orthodox Anglican but haven't gone to "Church" (until just recently) for at least 10 years. One gets tired of hearing the same thing thousands of times, over & over again - especially as a music leader. I guess Ihave a hard time w/ American evangelical Christians in general. And don't get me started on them praying and using the word "just" a few dozen time in each sentance! I "just" don't understand it! :) If you think this is a rant and I am off base - I don't care. I am too old to care what Penticostals think anymore. I look forward to Christ's return setting everyone (including me!) and everything straight - in a few seconds or a few more thousand years - I know not.

--

February 21, 2016 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

David Smith

In response to Brents thoughts (BTW-- I was an Orthodox Anglican as a priest for many years), I am attaching a dream I had lat night.  This I think is the model for the New Pilgrims.  Blessings,

Model of the Church: Dream

by David Michael, [email protected]

In an early morning dream of the 21st of February 2016, I found myself living among the native Americans. I found that they along with other ethnic prophets had been called largely as a people to be a prophetic voice to the rest of America in foretelling of the things that would come upon American in the very near future. I was living in a cave among them and sometimes, my wagon and at other times a tipi or other Native structure. It seemed this was not just one location but many locations and many villages.

I was in a tree one day looking toward the horizon and I saw a man coming from afar and was approached by this man who I recognized and had known some 45 years ago in Hawaii. He is now deceased yet he come to me in my dream. My friend is named John and in the dream he was leading a movement to unify the world into a single government to oppose the Satanic New World Order government. He came to me to ask about the best structure for this new YHWH government.

Hellenist Model

I said there are two models that he could choose from. The Hellenist model presented by Paul and planted among the gentile churches is different to the Hebrew model used by the Apostles in Jerusalem as described in the Didache also known as the “ Teaching of the Apostles.” I explained to John that in the the Pauline model, there is a 5-fold leadership as the spiritual leadership and a 2-fold leadership in the administration of the stuff called bishops and deacons. The 5-fold spiritual leadership included Apostles, Prophets, Pastors Teachers (sometime Pastor-Teachers) and Evangelists. Paul developed this model somewhat isolated from the Apostles in Jerusalem while founding and living among the Gentile churches. Paul seems to refer to himself as an Apostle as a title whereas this did not occur in the Hebrew model. One can rightly argue this Pauline model is only suitable for use among the gentile churches.

Hebrew Model

I then described the Hebrew model that is based on the ruling structure of the ancient School of the Prophets that began in recorded history during the time of Samuel. In this model, the spiritual leadership of the communities are first prophets who hold the primary role in proclaiming the will of YHWH and then the Teachers (priests) who hold the secondary role in leadership in affirming the will of YHWH from the Holy Scriptures. In the Didache aka the Teaching of the Apostles written no later than 90 AD attributed to a joint authorship of the Apostles in Jerusalem especially James and John, the prophets are described as the “chief priests of the people” to whom the tithe is now to be given.

Teachers are described as supporting the prophets by confirming the prophetic revelations from the written Word of YHWH. It is implied that pastors and evangelists are the ministry responsibility of all believers and these roles do not require any special ordination. Apostle simply means “sent one” and are either Prophets or Teachers sent by YHWH for a short period of time (3 days maximum according to the Didache) to a place to bring a prophetic revelation complemented by a confirming teaching from the Word. Those sent are only described as Apostles while they are functioning in the role of being 'sent' where the title Apostle is not a ministry title such as suggested in the Pauline model.

Bishops and Deacons

Supporting the prophets and teachers are the bishops (elders) and deacons (their servants). These roles are primarily temporal administrative roles where they govern over the resources of the community and assure just distribution. These men are not the leading spiritual leaders in the communities as now found in the Hellenist churches of our time as led by bishops.

This seemed like a long winded explanation I gave to John in this dream but there it is.... long winded like I would do as a professor in my mundane life. As John was leaving and I was still sitting in the tree telling him all of this, I yelled out, “John …. you have to make a choice between these two models.” The dream then ended.

New YHWH Government

Why did this dream come now? I can only assume King Y'Shua is in fact setting up a YHWH government and he wants to make sure it is formed according to the highest model as historically demonstrated in Jerusalem. If we corrupt the model by mimicking Hellenist Rome who continues to ignore the true prophets sent by YHWH, the communities will fail and be overcome by Satan.

I was in the tree because I am a watchman for the Lord. I am to warn the faithful of the things to come and tell them of the will of YHWH. I recently have been considering buying land to develop a YHWH self-sufficient community with its own government, economic system and church. The Hebrew model is the one I must follow for this enterprise and not the Hellenist Pauline model. I say this with respect for the teachings of Paul but I am compelled to embrace a more pure model as given by YHWH to the Apostles in Jerusalem.

In the Jerusalem church, the infrastructure of the School of the Prophets continued with the support of teaching priests. Bishops and deacons became the town administrators as the village Elders. Within this context of good leadership, the 9 gifts of the Holy Spirit were evident with great power. Extra food and resources were collected and redistributed among the less fortunate believers. All believers were expected to evangelize and to then take under their wing the repentant converts and pastor them. This is the model YHWH wants for the faithful who gather together in communities for these end times.

--

February 21, 2016 at 5:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.